February is upon us. The days are starting to get a bit longer and spring will soon be upon us—even if the groundhog doesn’t think so. Valentine’s day is coming up shortly, which means that you should probably get out and get shopping. With all of the love in the air, we would once again like to show the love to our sponsors, the organizations and thought leaders who help us keep the lights on and help us continue putting out content for our members and readers.
The Controllers Council Sponsor Roundup is a monthly series built to highlight the news, insights, and culture of our esteemed and growing sponsor base.
But before we get started, a friendly reminder—Controllers Council’s Controller of the Year Awards™ is now open for submissions. Think you have what it takes? Learn more about the metrics and basics to apply for this prestigious award here.
Insights from Bill.com
Controllers Council Gold sponsor Bill.com delivers intelligent business payments solutions for small and medium businesses, helping to automate your PO-to-payment process and save 50% of your time on accounts payable. Once again, the company has continued to deliver spot on insights for their readers and exciting news:
- Accountants and Bookkeepers Are the Heroes of Business: Over the past year, we’ve celebrated healthcare heroes, but what about the ones out there keeping businesses alive? In this article, Bill.com founder and CEO Rene Lacerte pays homage to accountants and bookkeepers.
- The Path to a Clean Audit: When you provide client advisory services as a firm, the pressure can be intense. An audit is as much an examination of your work and service as it is the client’s processes and procedures. How can you take steps to ensure audit assurance?
- Wire Transfer vs. Direct Deposit: If your business wants to make or receive electronic payments, the choice of using wire transfer vs. direct deposit can seem confusing at first, but with the right advice, you can gain clarity. Bill.com explores the differences here.
- What is ACH Credit? An ACH credit is a payment that’s “pushed” from one bank account to another using a U.S. banking network known as the Automated Clearing House Network (ACH network). How does it work and wat goes into tracking it?
Analysis from Euler Hermes
Euler Hermes is the worldwide leader in trade credit insurance and offers expert solutions such as surety bonds, debt collection, trade credit risk, political risk, credit management and business fraud insurance. Here are just some of the takeaways from their experts.
- Biden Promises 100 Days to Save America. What Does That Mean? On 20 January, Joe Biden takes over as the 46th president of the US with the promise of a USD1.9trn stimulus package and a plan to distribute 100 million vaccine doses in his first 100 days. In this analysis, Euler Hermes explores the stimulus and vaccination plan.
- What Kind of Saving Behaviors Can You Expect Post COVID? Many have been saving more in 2020. But what comes next? Is this change just a deviation, triggered by extraordinary circumstances, or the beginning of a paradigm shift as more and more savers start to embrace riskier capital markets products following a decade of zero or even negative interest rates? Learn more in their analysis.
- How One Company Thrived in the Wake of a Customer Bankruptcy: When a customer declared bankruptcy, what did Euler Hermes do to keep NAP Industries afloat? This article explores the nuances of credit trade insurance and the ways it helped NAP keep up.
Learn even more about putting yourself in a position for growth with our latest webcast featuring Euler Hermes’ own economist.
News from FloQast
FloQast is close management software built by accountants for accountants so they can close faster and more accurately.
- The Executive’s Guide to a Faster Month-End Close: Accountants are known for crunching the numbers, so it’s no surprise they’re concerned about wasted hours and days in their schedule. With the impact of COVID-19 on the budgets and calendars of many businesses, management is starting to worry more too. How can you put yourself in a better position? With this free whitepaper from FloQast.
- Small Business Year End Close Checklist: For small business owners, carving out the time from your already busy schedule to button up the last year and plan for the next may feel impossible, but it’s crucial for achieving your business goals. Luckily, FloQast recently released a new guide to help small business leaders plan for a comfortable new year.
- A Year in Review: FloQast had a big 2020. From customer IPOs to recognition as a great place to work, here are just some of the big takeaways from the past year at FloQast.
February 2021 CPE Courses from Illumeo
Keep up to date with CPE. Last month, we announced a partnership with Illumeo to provide Controllers Council Members with discounted CPE courses—as well as a few free ones every once in a while. So far, we have one upcoming course in January available for free.
Excel Efficiency: Conditional Formatting | Thursday February 18 at 1 PM CST
Conditional Formatting is one of the most powerful, yet sometimes, the most frustrating features in Excel. In this presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, delves deep into the nuances of Conditional Formatting. Techniques David covers range from simple color-coding to sophisticated techniques, such as highlighting every other row or formatting a set of cells based on amounts in other cells. Get to know more about this event and register here.